- A+
大师好,接待来到隧道英语白话,今天给大师分享一个咱们常常会用到的经典英语平常白话,“恬不知耻”的英语表达。
PS: 文中另有不少经典表达,大师细心看看哦!
下面来看一段经典对话,对话中会频频用到今天咱们要学的这个隧道白话!
Dialogue
Hello, Mary. I don’t know about you, but I seem to have so much work to do at the moment.
嗨,玛丽。我不晓得你怎样样啊,但我今朝彷佛有很多事情要做。
Yeah, me too.
嗯,我也是。
I guess we’ve all got lots to do, and that’s why I was surprised that Lily has asked to take three days off work this week.
我想咱们都有不少事变要做,这就是为甚么我会对莉莉这周要请三天假这件事感触很诧异。
Three days?
三天?
Are you sure?
你肯定吗?
Maybe she’s unwell.
或许她身体不惬意呢。
No, she’s fine.
不,她很好。
I heard she said to the boss in a very loud voice. I’ve got a treat deal on a flight to Italy so I need to take the rest of the week off.
我听到她很是高声的跟老板说,我订了一趟飞意大利的航班,以是这周剩下的日子我要休假。
What cheek- she’s got a brass neck.
真是没皮没脸—她有一个黄铜脖子。
A brass neck?
黄铜脖子?
Yes, I just mean she is confident but also a bit rude- she can do or say things that most of us would be too embarrassed to do or say.
是的,我想说她太自傲了,但有一点粗暴无礼,她可以或许做或说一些咱们由于为难而不会去做或说的事变。
Yes, she just doesn’t care what she says ,does she?
是的,她不在意她说了甚么,对吧?
So if someone is described as having brass neck, it means they are confident and say or do what they want, but doesn’t understand their behaviour be unacceptable to theirs.
以是若是咱们说有人厚脸皮,意思就是说他们很自傲,会说他们想说的话,做他们想做的事。
For examples
My
ex-boyfriend’s got a brass neck, coming round and asking me to do his washing.
我的前男朋友这是厚脸皮,过来让我帮他洗衣服。
The customer has a brass neck asking for a refund when it was obvious he had already worn the shoes.
这个主顾真是厚脸皮,他明显已穿过这双鞋了,却还来请求退款。
今天的进修就到这里啦!
天天我城市为大师分享如许的干货
然后收拾出菁华内容
让你学到最隧道的平常英语表达
今天你打卡进修了吗?