BBC大学生活英语- E11 学习技巧 Study Skills

  • A+
所属分类:商务英语

Narrator: Hello. It's time for English at University

- the series that teaches some English phrases to help you through your first year of study abroad. . .

大家好,又到了“校园英语”时间 —— 这个系列会教给你一些国外留学第一年用得上的实用英语句型。

There's a lot to learn when you start studying for a degree and especially when you're doing it in another country.

Mary's coping very well and is making the most of every
BBC大学生活英语- E11 学习技巧 Study Skills插图
opportunity to get guidance or help her with her studies.

当你开始本科学习的时候,需要学很多东西,特别是你在国外上大学更是如此。玛丽做得很不错,而且也抓住了大部分可以得到别人指导或者帮助她学习的机会。

Today she's attending Professor Not's study skills workshop but it sounds like she knows more about studying than he does!

Prof. Not: So let's just stand around in a circle… hold hands and say mmmmm.

今天她去参加了纳特教授关于学习技巧的讲座,但是听起来玛丽在学习方面比纳特教授懂得还要多!那么让我们围坐成一个圆圈……握住彼此的手,然后发出哼鸣。

Daniel: How exactly is this helping?

Prof. Not: Trust you to spoil the karma.

这到底有什么用?就知道你会打断这个过程。

It just helps us think… Daniel: Think of what to say, you mean.

这会帮助我们思考……考虑接下来要说什么,你的意思是。

Prof. Not: Now to study well, you need to be in the right zone. Mary: Zone?

为了学好习,你需要进入一种正确的状态。状态?

Prof. Not: In the right place… in your head. Sharon…

是在你头脑里的……一个正确的位置。莎伦……

Sharon: Yes Robert - I mean, Professor. Prof. Not: Could
BBC大学生活英语- E11 学习技巧 Study Skills插图(1)
you hand out the blindfolds?

在呢,罗伯特——我是说教授。你能分发一下那些眼罩吗?

Mary: And how are they going to help? Narrator: A good question Mary.

眼罩又有什么用?好问题,玛丽。

I admire Professor Not's enthusiasm but let me give you a bit of advice – his study skills are a bit 'alternative' - different. Have you got any advice to offer?

我认可纳特教授的热情,但是我的建议是——他的学习方法有点儿特别——不太一样。你有什么好建议吗?

Mary: Well, I did read a book about good study skills on the plane. But what do I say?

我在飞机上读了一本关于良好学习技巧的书。但是我要怎么说呢?

Narrator: Say 'could I offer some suggestions? ' Or 'from what I understand… '

说:“我能提点建议吗?”或者“从我的角度理解……”

Or maybe, 'something that works for me is… ' and give them your tips – that way you won't sound too big-headed – like someone we know!

Daniel: Maybe we could just hold the hand of the person next to us?

再或者是说“对我比较有效的方法是……”,然后给出你的建议——这样听起来没有那么充大头——像某个
BBC大学生活英语- E11 学习技巧 Study Skills插图(2)
人一样!我们是不是可以牵起旁边人的手?

Narrator: Go on Mary. Mary: No Daniel… maybe I could offer some suggestions?

说吧,玛丽。不,丹尼尔……我能提点建议吗?

Sharon: Oh yes Mary! Mary: Well, from what I understand… you must study every day and choose a regular place and time to do it.

哦,可以的,玛丽!从我的角度来看……你必须每天学习而且要有一个规律的地点和时间学习。

Prof. Not: Yes of course, very good Mary. Anything else?

没错,非常好,玛丽。还有什么吗?

Mary: Well… what works for me is planning my time and deciding what I want to achieve and not being afraid to ask for help.

Daniel: Yeah, yeah. I was going to say that – and make sure you take lots of breaks – long ones.

对我比较有效的方法是计划好自己的时间,并且要确定好目标,还有不要害怕请求帮助。对对,我也想这么说来着——还要保证你经常休息——那种长时间的休息。

Mary: Short ones – and develop a good learning style – choose a method that helps you learn best.

Prof. Not: Excellent Mary.

短时间的——还要培养良好的学习方式——找一种最适合你的方法。非常棒,玛丽。

That's exactly right.

Sharon: Oh, I preferred the blindfold method.

正是这样的。哦,我还是喜欢眼罩法。

. . . . . . Narrator: Excellent indeed Mary. She's on fire!

确实很棒,玛丽。她真的太赞了!她开口说了出来,提了一些很聪明的建议,还不让人觉得她在炫耀。

She spoke up and gave some sage advice without showing off.

Here's a reminder of how she started the conversation…

来回顾一下她是如何开始这段谈话的……我可以提点建议吗?

Maybe I could offer some suggestions? From what I understand…

从我的角度理解……对我比较有效的方法是……

What works for me is… And she gave some good advice which the other students – especially Daniel - will no doubt find very useful, such as…

她给其他学生提了一些好建议——特别是丹尼尔——毫无疑问都很有效,比如说……你需要每天都学习。

You must study every day. Choose a place and time to do it.

选一个地点、时间去学习。计划好时间,确定好目标。

Plan your time and decide what you want to achieve. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

别害怕找别人帮忙。选一种最适合你的学习方式。

Choose a learning style that helps you learn best.?With that advice you can't go wrong.

有了这些建议,你不会出错的。现在看起来玛丽的学习建议给某人留下了深刻印象……

And now it looks like Mary's study advice has made a real impression on someone… Tech Student: Wow Mary.

哇哦,玛丽。我非常喜欢你刚才说的——特别有用——看得出来你是一个特别用功的学生——要不要找个时间聚一下……对比一下学习笔记?

I loved what you said in there – really useful – I can see you're a committed student – how about getting together sometime and… comparing study notes?

- Mary: Well, errr, ermm… - Daniel: I think she's quite busy at the moment.

- 玛丽:这个……额,嗯…… - 丹尼尔:我觉得她现在很忙的。不,不会的——那肯定很棒。

Mary: No, I'm not – that would be lovely.

Let's meet up in the bar later.

一会儿酒吧见吧。

Sharon: Oh!

发表评论

:?: :razz: :sad: :evil: :!: :smile: :oops: :grin: :eek: :shock: :???: :cool: :lol: :mad: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :idea: :arrow: :neutral: :cry: :mrgreen: