美女老师 五步法教你如何自学英语

  • A+
所属分类:商务英语

Hello everyone and welcome back to English With Lucy.

大家好,欢迎回到跟着 Lucy 学英语。

Today, we're going to talk about whether you can learn English at home on your own.

今天我们将讨论你是否可以自己在家学习英语。

I think you can, and I'm going to give you some tips and recommendations.

我认为你可以,而且我将给你一些提示和建议。

It's a pretty weird time, isn't it?

现在是一个很奇怪的时期,不是吗?

A lot of us are suddenly having to spend a lot of time on our own at home, but this does not mean that we have to put a pause on what we want to achieve, like learning a language.

我们很多人突然不得不在家里待很长时间,但这并不意味着我们必须暂停想要实现的目标,例如学习一种语言。

It is possible to continue learning a language on your own at home, and I'm not going to talk about all of the tried and tested methods, like watching TV shows, movies with subtitles, listening to the radio.

你可以在家继续自己学习语言,但我不会谈论所有久经考验的方法,例如观看电视节目,带字幕的电影,收听广播。

I've mentioned all of that before.

我之前提到过所有这些方法。

These are new tips that are more relevant than ever before.

这些是新的技巧,而且比以往任何时候都相关。

Let's get straight into it.

我们直接进入正题吧。

The first one is free conversation classes.

第一个是免费的对话课程。

If you want to learn to speak a language, you are going to have to practise conversing.

如果你想学习说一种语言,就必须练习对话。

I reached out to some of my students that I consider to be very, very successful, and I asked them what they are doing during lockdown.

我找到了一些我认为非常非常成功的学生,问他们封锁期间在做什么。

The one activity that came up time and time again, was online conversation classes.

被提到很多次的活动就是在线对话课程。

I thought that was really interesting because I expected that they were paying for them, but it turns out that a lot of them are doing it for free.

我认为那真的很有趣,因为我以为他们要花钱,但事实证明,很多人都是免费的。

This surprised me.

这让我很惊讶。

I didn't think that there would be people running online classes for free, but there are, and you can find them, and you can use them to improve your language skills on your own.

我不认为会有人免费提供在线课程,但是有,你可以找到它们,并可以使用它们自己提高语言技能。

There are lots of non-profit, online communities offering Zoom conversation lessons.

有许多非营利性的在线社区提供 Zoom 对话课程。

There are lots of teachers that offer these group sessions to advertise their private sessions as well.

有许多提供这些小组课程的老师也会宣传自己的私人课程。

Through the other tips, I'm going to provide links in the description box, but I'm not for this one because I don't want to overwhelm a small group, basically.

在讲解其他技巧的过程中,我将描述栏中提供链接,但是这一个我不会提供链接,因为基本上我不想让一小群人不知所措。

I will leave it to you to search websites like Meetup. com and Facebook and other
美女老师 五步法教你如何自学英语插图
language forums to find these Zoom groups.

我会请你们搜索像 Meetup.com 和 Facebook 这样的网站以及其他语言论坛来找到这些 Zoom 小组。

Sometimes they're run by teachers and sometimes they're run by students, learners of English, who want to meet other like-minded students and practise together.

有时是由老师经营,有时是由学生经营,想与其他志同道合的学生见面并一起练习的英语学习者。

Most importantly, if you can't find one of these groups or you can't find one that suits you, why not try hosting one?

最重要的是,如果你找不到这些群体之一,或者找不到适合你的群体,为什么不尝试组织一个呢?

I'm sure if you post in language forums or underneath YouTube videos, you will be able to find a group of like-minded people who also want to practise conversation with you.

我确定如果你在语言论坛中或在YouTube视频下方发布的话,你会找到一群志同道合的人,他们也想和你练习对话。

You might think, well, that's great, but how do I access proper feedback if nobody there is a professional teacher?

你可能会想,很好,但是如果没有专
美女老师 五步法教你如何自学英语插图(1)
业的老师,我要如何获得适当的反馈呢?

Well, that brings me on to point number two, which comes thanks to the sponsor of today's video, Busuu.

好吧,这使我想到了第二点,这要感谢今天视频的赞助商 Busuu。

When I was speaking to my students about learning from home on their own, there were two key problems that came up again and again and again.

当我与学生谈论独自在家学习时,有两个关键问题一次又一次出现。

Motivation and access to feedback.

动力和获得反馈的机会。

That's where the Busuu comes in.

这就是 Busuu 的用武之地。

They have a solution for both of these problems.

他们可以解决这两个问题。

If you haven't heard of Busuu before, it's a global language learning community on both desktop and mobile, which I know is very important to some of you.

如果你以前从未听说过 Busuu,它是一个全球语言学习社区,可以在台式机和移动设备上使用,我知道这对某些人来说非常重要。

They have loads of language courses that you can take to practise your speaking, listening, reading, and writing in English,
美女老师 五步法教你如何自学英语插图(2)
and many other languages like Spanish and Japanese.

他们提供大量语言课程,你可以通过它们练习英语和其它语言例如西班牙语和日语的口语,听力,阅读和写作。

On this platform, you can connect with speakers of the language that you are learning and receive feedback.

在这个平台上,你可以与说你所学语言的人进行联系并收到反馈。

Feedback is like gold dust when you're learning a language.

学习语言时,反馈就像金粉一样。

It is so valuable, but it's often very hard to find, especially if you are learning a very popular language.

它非常有价值,但是通常很难找到,尤其当你学习的是一种非常流行的语言。

They also have this amazing study plan tool, which is going to help you stay motivated.

他们也有这个了不起的学习计划工具,它将帮助你保持动力。

It breaks the language down and reminds you when and what to study, allowing you to set realistic goals.

它可以分解语言并提醒你学习时间和内容,让你设置现实的目标。

When I start focusing on learning a language, I get overwhelmed.

当我开始专注于学习语言时,我会不知所措。

I don't know where to
美女老师 五步法教你如何自学英语插图(3)
start.

我不知道从哪开始。

This breaks it down for you.

它可以为你分解。

To sign up to pursue and explore what they have to offer, click on the link in the description box.

要想注册来探寻他们所提供的服务,请单击描述栏中的链接。

You can sign up for free, or you can choose to get a premium account, which has loads of additional features.

你可以免费注册,也可以选择获取高级帐户,其中包含许多其他功能。

They are offering my students an extra 30% discount on all memberships.

他们为我的学生提供所有会员均可享受30%的额外折扣。

Use my code, Lucy30 to take advantage of that offer.

使用我的代码 Lucy30 来利用这个优惠。

Let's move on to number three, accountability partners or accountability buddies.

让我们继续讲第三点,责任合伙人或问责制伙伴。

This one depends on your personality and whether you like working under pressure or not.

这取决于你的性格以及你是否喜欢在压力下工作。

I know that I work best under pressure, so this tip is one that I've used a lot in the past.

我知道我在压力下工作得最好,所以这个技巧是我过去经常使用的技巧。

When people embark on a difficult challenge, like losing weight or running a marathon, they often find it easier to do it with someone, somebody that's going to act as an extra push of motivation, because sometimes if you don't feel like doing something, but you see someone that you're close to doing that thing, it pushes you and it persuades you to do what you don't necessarily want to do.

当人们面临艰巨的挑战时,例如减肥或参加马拉松比赛,他们经常发现与其他人一起会变得更容易,其他人会成为额外的动力,因为有时如果你不想做某事,但是你看到你亲近的某个人也在做那件事,那么这会推动你,并说服你去做你不一定想要的事情。

This applies to me.

这适用于我。

If I see my fiance Will, doing lots of exercise and going to the gym, I feel far more inclined to join him.

如果我看到未婚夫威尔,做很多运动,去健身房,我更倾向于加入他。

You can do this with language learning too.

你也可以把它利用到学习语言上。

You can find an accountability partner.

您可以找到一个责任伙伴。

I bet there's a nicer name for it.

我想它有个更好听的名字。

English buddy, or something like that, or a motivation mate.

英语哥们,或类似的说法,或动力伴侣。

Somebody that you can be in touch with, you can check in when you've done your study session, you can share something new that you've learned.

你可以联系的人,你可以在完成学习课程后跟他打卡,可以与之分享你学到的新知识的人。

You can compare techniques.

你们可以比较技巧。

This can all be done over WhatsApp or text message or email, but forming a friendship with someone and being in the same situation, offering those kind words, when you need to, offering those motivational words, when they need them.

这些都可以通过 WhatsApp 或短信或电子邮件完成,但要与某人建立友谊并处于相同的境地,并在你需要的时候说那些友好的话,,在他们需要时说那些激励性的话语。

I had this when I was learning Spanish at school with my friend Tasman.

我在学校学西班牙语的时候就是跟我的朋友塔斯曼这么做的。

She was amazing.

她非常好。

We always spoke to each other on WhatsApp in Spanish, and when I heard that she had joined a new conversation class or something like that, I felt really motivated.

我们一直在 WhatsApp 用西班牙语互相交谈,当我听说她参加了新的会话课程或类似课程时那,我真的很有动力。

There was a little element of competition as well.

其中也有一点竞争的意味。

It's whatever you like.

随便你喜欢。

Maybe you don't like competition.

也许你不喜欢竞争。

Maybe you do.

也许你喜欢。

Maybe you just want someone to say nice words.

也许你只是想让别人说些好话。

Maybe you want somebody to tell you off.

也许你希望有人训诫你。

I don't necessarily recommend that, but everybody learns in different ways.

我不一定建议这样做,但是每个人都有不同的学习方法。

Number four, listen to specific podcasts.

第四,听特定的播客。

I've mentioned podcasts before.

我之前提到过播客。

I've got lots that I recommend.

我推荐过很多。

I absolutely love podcasts because you can multitask.

我绝对喜欢播客,因为你可以一心多用。

I love running and listening to something educational, whilst I'm doing exercise, seems like an excellent use of my time.

我喜欢跑步,在锻炼的同时听一些有教育意义的内容,这似乎充分地利用了我的时间。

If you want to improve your listening and pronunciation, the most amazing way to do it is to listen to a podcast whilst reading the transcript at the same time.

如果你想改善听力和发音,最令人惊奇的方法就是在收听播客的同时阅读文本。

I always recommend that with audio books, but I'm focusing on podcasts today.

我总是建议有声书,但今天我只讲播客。

What I'm talking about is something that I think all podcasters should do, adding transcripts to your podcasts.

我说的是我认为所有播客都应该这样做,将字幕添加到你的播客中。

It's great for language learning.

这对语言学习非常有用。

It's also so important for accessibility.

这对于可访问性也很重要。

If you're hard of hearing, you're missing out on a lot if there aren't transcriptions provided.

如果你听不清,如果没有文本提供,你就会错过很多内容。

There is a fantastic website that I've found that nearly solves this problem.

我发现有一个很棒的网站几乎解决了这个问题。

I think many of you will find it very, very useful, indeed.

我想你们中的许多人确实会发现它非常非常有用。

If there is a podcast that you like, one of the popular podcasts that does not provide transcriptions, there is a website called Podscribe.

如果 你有喜欢的播客,其中一个很受欢迎的播客不提供文本,有一个名为 Podscribe 的网站。

I'll put all the links in the description box, but basically because there is a cost associated with generating transcriptions, this website offers you the opportunity to pay for a transcription to be generated.

我将所有链接放在描述栏里,但基本上是因为生成文本会有费用,所以这个网站为你提供了支付生成的文本的费用的机会。

It's often between five and $7 per hour-long episode.

每小时一集的费用通常在5到7美元之间。

Once you have made that donation, those transcriptions are then there, available for everyone.

如果你完成捐款,这些文本就会提供给每个人使用。

So, it's a real community thing.

因此,这是真正的社区的力量。

If 500 people just made that one donation, then there are podcast transcriptions for 500 episodes out there.

如果500人每个人捐赠一份,那么就会有 500 集的播客文本。

I really recommend taking a look.

我真的建议去看看。

Lots of transcriptions have already been donated and you can also donate some other ones, so you're not only helping yourself.

许多文本已经被捐赠,你还可以捐赠一些其他的内容,这样你不仅是在帮助自己。

You're helping other people as well.

你也在帮别人。

Not just people that are learning languages, people that have a disability as well.

不只是学习语言的人,还有残障的人。

What a fantastic idea.

真是个好主意。

There are such marvellous people on the planet.

这个星球上有这么棒的人。

There really are.

真的有。

The last one, number five is imitation, a topic I've spoken about a lot before.

最后一个,第五个是模仿,这是我之前谈到过很多的话题。

It's what I did when I was learning Spanish.

这是我学习西班牙语时所做的事情。

It really helped me achieve natural fluid pronunciation.

它真的帮助我实现了自然流畅的发音。

It's no secret that I used to live in Spain, and when I conversed with my Spanish friends, I looked at their mouths, which sounds weird, but it's not.

我曾经住在西班牙,这已经不是什么秘密了,当我和我的西班牙朋友对话时,我会看着他们的嘴,听起来很奇怪,但事实并非如此。

Instead of making eye contact, I would make eye to mouth contact, and I would look at their lips and their lip position and their mouth shape.

不是进行眼神交流,我会进行眼唇交流,我会看看他们的嘴唇,嘴唇的位置和嘴巴的形状。

I'd look at where they put their tongues in their mouth and how their teeth were in comparison to their tongues.

我会看他们把舌头放在嘴巴哪里,以及牙齿与舌头的相对位置。

I probably made them feel a bit uncomfortable.

我可能会让他们感到不舒服。

So, that is one of the beauties of studying at home on your own.

所以,这就是在家自己学习的美好之一。

You can do this without embarrassment.

你可以毫不尴尬地做到这一点。

All you need is a mirror and a smart device.

你所需要的只是一面镜子和一台智能设备。

Take a video of somebody speaking slowly and clearly.

找出一段视频,里面的人说话缓慢而清晰。

If you really like the way somebody speaks, but they speak quite quickly, play around with slowing them down.

如果你真的很喜欢某人说话的方式,但是他们说话很快,请慢放他们的视频。

You can do this on YouTube.

你可以在 YouTube 上这么做。

Sometimes it doesn't work so well.

有时效果不是很好。

Make sure it's a video where you can clearly see their mouth.

确保在这个视频里你可以清楚地看到他们的嘴。

Hold the video up to your face.

把视频举到面前。

Play the video.

播放视频。

Hold the mirror up to your face.

把镜子放到你面前。

Recreate the mouth movements and the intonation and the tongue position.

再现嘴巴的动作,语调和舌头的位置。

If there is a sound that you just can't grasp, this technique will really, really help you.

如果有个音你就是无法掌握,这个技巧确实会对你有所帮助。

When people try to improve their public speaking, whether they're learning a new language or doing it in their own native language, it is often recommended that they practise in front of a mirror.

当人们试图提高他们的公开演讲技巧时,无论他们是学习新语言还是用自己的母语说,通常会建议他们在镜子前练习。

This is very much the same.

这也是一样的道理。

It's about getting more comfortable. Right?

这是为了变得更加舒适。对吗?

That's it for today's lesson.

今天的课程就是这样。

I really hope you enjoyed it and I really hope you can take some of these tips and put them into practise.

我真的希望你喜欢它,我真的希望你可以将其中的一些技巧付诸实践。

A big thank you once again, to the sponsor of today's video, Busuu.

再次感谢今天的视频赞助商 Busuu。

Remember that you can sign up for free or you can get one of their premium memberships, and you can claim a 30% off with my code LUCY30.

请记住,你可以免费注册或者你也可以成为他们的高级会员,并且可以使用我的代码 Lucy30 享受30%的折扣。

The link is in the description box.

链接在描述栏里。

Don't forget to connect with me on all of my social media.

不要忘记在我所有的社交媒体上与我联系。

I've got my Facebook, my Instagram, and my website, Englishwithlucy. co. uk.

我有脸书、INS,和我的网站 Englishwithlucy.co.uk。

There you can access my mailing list and previous lessons and PDFs as well.

在那里你可以访问我的邮件列表以及以前的课程和 PDF。

I'll see you soon for another lesson.

发表评论

:?: :razz: :sad: :evil: :!: :smile: :oops: :grin: :eek: :shock: :???: :cool: :lol: :mad: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :idea: :arrow: :neutral: :cry: :mrgreen: