- A+
欢迎大家来到我们的每天学口语系列!
1 Least you can do is open up this door and tell me to my face why you didn't call me yesterday.
"do sth. to sb's face" 的结构表示“当着某人的面做......”
例如:
She praised the lad to his face, and said he was well-grown and very much improved.
她当着孩子的面夸奖他,说他长得好,比以前大有进步了。
More than anything else in the world, I dislike people saying behind my back things they wouldn't say to my face.
我最不喜欢有话不当着我的面讲,而在我背后乱讲。
2 Why'd you stand me up last night?
中文中常说“放某人鸽子”,意思是“爽约”,而英文中用“stand sb. up”,这个词组表示同样的意思。
例如:We are supposed to meet at the students' union yesterday but she stood me up.
我们昨天约好在学生会见面,课时她让我空等一场。
You are not going to stand me up again, are you?
你不会再失约吧?
3 I’m sick of being a fuckin' disappointment.
"be sick of" 的意思是“对......厌倦”,"受够了"。表示后者时,相当于词组“be fed up with”。
例如:I’m sick of your complaining. Just pack it in, will you?
你老发牢骚我都烦死了。别说了,行不行?
I’m sick of all this rain.
老下雨,我腻烦死了。
如果大家喜欢这篇文章的话,就请关注我,会持续更新更多
有趣又实用的内容的,记得点赞哦!