一、女人问怎么没办法注册一门课，进入了网站之后的进程无法操作，然后employee in register center说，因为如今选课的学生太多(有重听题)，然后女人还说有门课人满了选不了，那个作业人员说可以联络教课的教授，女人说教授不在学校(有题)，consulter说找他知道的一个前史专业的学生，和她情况差不多找到前史部分就处置了。
二、男生想要参加一个查询活动活动特另外招引人，还有政府的资金补助，可是许多top student都会请求这个活动，男生不必定可以去。教师主张他有一个plan B，然后他们说到了另外一个教师的辅佐作业。最终说这两个暑假活动时刻冲突的，这个男生仍是需要究竟做抉择。
1. Why does the woman go to see the man?
A. To get details about postgraduate research opportunities at another university
B. To find out if alternatives exist to the biology department's summer program
C. To get permission to do an independent study project over the summer
D. To inform the man of a change in her plan of study.
2. How does the man respond to the woman's decision to study biology?
A. He is pleased by her decision.
B. He warns the woman about a potential problem with her decision.
C. He thinks the woman should wait a year.
D. He questions her reasons for making the change.
3. Why does the man mention several different branches of biology?
A. To suggest some possible research areas for the woman's independent study project
B. To indicate that the woman will need to decide on an area to specialize in
C. To point out an advantage of the biology program at the York Institute of Technology
D. To encourage the woman to start thinking about which courses she will take next year.
4. What is the woman's decision about doing an independent study project?
A. She will do one at the York Institute of Technology.
B. She will wait until the following year to do one.
C. She does not need to do one to graduate on time.
D. She will do one on a topic in mathematical modeling.
5. What does the woman say about receiving an incorrect grade?
A. She is unsure how to get the error corrected.
B. She is checking to see if the error has been corrected.
C. She believes it might affect her acceptance into the York Institute of Technology.
D. She is worried that her professor has not yet completed the paperwork regarding the grade.
Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and her academic advisor.
Advisor: What’s on your mind, Sara?
Sara: Well, I’ve been taking a couple of biology classes this semester, and I really like it and well, I’d decided I’d like to change my major field of study and get a degree in biology instead of math.
Advisor: Oh okay. But you only have two more years here before you’re scheduled to graduate. And you know that is probably not enough time to take all the courses you need. So, if you change your major you may end up graduating late.
Sara: Well, but you know the biology department summer program, the one just for undergraduates?
Advisor: Sure, but the application deadline has already passed.
Sara: Oh yes, I know. What I wanted to ask is, well, do you know of any similar programs elsewhere where I can take the courses and have the credits transferred here?
Advisor: Okay. I see now. Well, a few of our students have attended the summer program at the York Institute of Technology on the other side of the city. Their summer program in the biology is a good one. They offer a variety of areas to focus on like cell biology, marine biology, even biotechnology. It will all be on their website.
Sara: Wow! Sounds good!
Advisor: You could take two courses there this summer which would apply to your degree here.
Sara: Oh, but I would need to take three to graduate on time.
Advisor: Well, maybe you can do the York Summer Program and an independent study project with one of your biology professors here.
Advisor: But many professors here have already left for the summer, so you might have difficulty finding someone to supervise you this summer. But maybe you could schedule up for next summer.
Sara: Now, that would work. I will do that. Do you know when the application deadline is for the York?
Advisor: It’s a week from now.
Sara: Guess I will have to act fast. But one thing. When I got my grades back last semester, the grades from my mathematical modeling class was wrong. It was lower than what I actually earned. My professor submitted the paperwork to get it corrected but he said it could take us a week before the right grade shows up on my official records. What if York Institute wants to see my grades when I apply?
Advisor: Well, if it’s not corrected in time, ask your professor to write a letter explaining the situation and include it in your application. That should be acceptable.
1. B 2. B 3. C 4. B 5. C
1. If a foreign teacher comes to your country to teach high school student, what suggestions will you give him for preparation?
2. Which of the qualities that the parents or family members can help you develop?
3. Your school has received donation from the alumni, which of the following facilities do you think the school should invest?
1) A stadium
2) A theater
3) A game center
4. Some professors prefer to give regular quizzes. Some prefer to give surprising quizzes. Please talk about the advantages and/or disadvantages of surprising quizzes.
5. Talk about one occasion in your country where people give one another gifts. Talk about the occasion and the kind of gifts that you normally give each other.
6. Talk about the advantage and disadvantage of being active on social media.
7. Your degree requires you to take one course, which one would you choose?
1) Energy and environment
2) Health and nutrition
3) Solar system
8. Which of the following programs would you like to participate in?
1) Planting trees
3) Painting natural and outside areas
9. Which of the following creative activities do you feel like to get involved in?
1) Pottery making
3) Art creation
10. If your friend wants to keep a pet, what do you think he should prepare?
1. Which family member is the most similar one to you and why? Please include specific reasons and details in your explanation.
2. If you have a chance to give a lesson in an elementary school, what topic would you like to teach?
1) How to protect the environment.
2) How to grow plants.
3) How to cook simple and healthy food. Please explain your choice with specific reasons.
3. What suggestion would you like to give to a foreign friend who wants to study in your country? Explain how this suggestion could help your friend, include reasons and details to support your response.
4. What are the advantages and disadvantages of eating in a fast-food restaurant?
5. Do you think the school should encourage on-campus parking? Give specific reasons and details in your response.
6. One of your friend is often late for events and appointments, which often makes others angry. What's your advice to help your friend to avoid this problem in the future?
7. Which of the following would you rather be? Lawyer, veterinarian or restaurant owner. Explain your answer in details.
8. Describe a present you have given to others. Explain why you think it is important.
9. What would you do if you have multiple tasks to do at the same time?
10. Which of the following jobs do you want to do the most? Actor/actress, computer programmer, business owner.